Dubai, UAE – Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the hotel giant with a global presence of over 9,000 hotels across more than 80 countries, continues to expand its portfolio in the Middle East, Eurasia and Africa (MEA), with the opening of the company’s 100th hotel in region, Wyndham Garden Dammam in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This milestone follows several other significant openings in 2018 across the region, including new hotels in the United Arab Emirates, India, and three additional hotels in Saudi Arabia, further strengthening the diverse offering of brands and destinations.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts strategically united the broader MEA region last year, in recognition of the strong economic ties between India and the Middle East, as well as Wyndham’s strong growth opportunities in both of these important markets. Wyndham’s regional portfolio in MEA is comprised of nearly 15,000 rooms across 19 countries, under 10 brands designed to meet the needs of all types of travellers.
Ignace Bauwens, Regional Vice President for the Middle East, Eurasia and Africa at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, said: “We are exceptionally proud to have reached the incredible milestone of 100 hotels in the Middle East, Eurasia and Africa region with our latest opening in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. With a wide footprint of hotels, significant diversity of brands and a robust pipeline in place, our mission is to make hotel travel possible for all. Reaching 100 hotels in the region marks another important step in our quest to offer travellers unique and authentic experiences, wherever and however they want to travel. Growth will continue to be our focus in 2019 and beyond, as we expand our footprint further and continue to bring more hotel choice across the entire region.”
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ 100th hotel in MEA, Wyndham Garden Dammam, opened its doors in December 2018. Marking the introduction of the Wyndham Garden brand in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the opening further strengthened Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ portfolio in this key growth market, now including 15 operational hotels and over 2,300 rooms. Located in the heart of Dammam, Wyndham Garden Dammam offers a variety of rooms, suites and apartments and a fully-equipped female and male health club, as well as a restaurant, café and executive lounge. The hotel is also near to government offices and the city’s commercial area, just 10 minutes from Corniche and the city’s shopping malls, and is a short 30-minute drive from King Fahd International Airport.
In December, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts also opened three additional hotels in Saudi Arabia, further strengthening its offering in the mid-scale sector and reinforcing the company’s commitment to the region:
- Howard Johnson Dammam Cornish Street – the first Howard Johnson by Wyndham hotel in the Kingdom, offering 50 guest rooms, an on-site spa, indoor swimming pool and restaurant.
- Ramada by Wyndham Al Khobar King Abdullah Street – located downtown, the hotel features 136 rooms and suites, meeting facilities, a dedicated health club and gym, as well as a coffee shop and restaurant specialising in international cuisine.
- Ramada by Wyndham Dammam Khaleej Road – with 138 rooms and substantial meeting facilities, the hotel also boasts a state-of-the-art health club and spa, outdoor swimming pool and three on-site cafés/restaurants.
Additional openings in the Middle East, Eurasia and Africa region in 2018 included:
- Wyndham Garden Ajman Corniche, United Arab Emirates – the hotel features 179 rooms, a modern spa and fitness centre, outdoor pool, and all-day restaurant, serving a variety of international cuisines.
- Ramada Kasauli, India – The newly built contemporary hotel with easy access to the town centre features 60 comfortable rooms, all-day and roof-top restaurants and a modern conference centre suitable for business events or wedding receptions. Its breathtaking valley views, an on-site spa and an outdoor swimming pool create the perfect escape in northern India.
- Days Hotel Jaipur Tonk Road, India – Located near Jaipur’s International Airport, the hotel offers 39 comfortable rooms, an on-site restaurant and lounge bar in one of Rajasthan’s most popular leisure destinations. The hotel is within walking distance of the Durgapura Railway Station and close to top attractions including Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar and the Albert Hall Museum.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts in the MEA region and around the world participate in Wyndham Rewards, the company’s award-winning loyalty programme offering over 59 million members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, condominiums and holiday homes globally.
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world's largest hotel franchising company, with more than 9,000 hotels across more than 80 countries on six continents. Through its network of over 798,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveller, Wyndham commands a leading presence in both the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, La Quinta®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, The Trademark Collection®, and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services, with more than 400 properties under management. The Company's award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty programme offers over 59 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, condominiums and holiday homes globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.