Dubai, UAE, September 3, 2020 – Emirates Airline is #BackIntheGame. As the Official Airline of the 2020 US Open Tennis Championships, Emirates returns to the Grand Slam® tennis tournament for the ninth year in a row with online experiences to connect fans to the game. As Emirates resumes service in six U.S. gateways – with the health and safety of travelers at the forefront of all operations – the US Open represents a turning point toward the skies and renewed vigor for the promise to #FlyBetter.
“The US Open is one of the most important sporting events in the world and we are thrilled to be back,” said Andrew Bunn, VP Sales, North America. “We are #BackInTheGame and committed to offering our U.S. customers the best experience both in-flight and from wherever they will be watching the tournament.”
Emirates will stand out at the US Open through a variety of activities including:
- ‘Emirates Serves for Good’: After each match in Arthur Ashe Stadium, the winning player will hit three balls at Emirates branded targets located in the upper tier sections of the stands. Each time a player hits the target a donation of $1,000 will be made to the USTA Foundation, the charitable arm of the USTA, “Rally to Rebuild” program. The Rally to Rebuild program has been set up by the USTA Foundation to help reignite programs for under-served youth throughout the U.S., furthering the Foundation's mission to bring tennis and education together to change lives.
- The donation will support the National Junior Tennis & Learning (NJTL) network, which features more than 250 chapters that reach over 160,000 youth on an annual basis, providing free or low-cost tennis and education programming to the 50 largest markets in the U.S. - nurturing future leaders and enabling kids in need to succeed on the court, in the classroom and in life.
- ‘US Open Winner’s Walk’ presented by Emirates: Emirates will give audiences the exclusive chance to watch match winners talk about their experiences immediately after the match which will be shared on the US Open twitter channel, including the hashtags, #EmiratesFlyBetter and #BackIntheGame
- ‘US Open Play of the Day’ presented by Emirates: Exclusive video content presenting the ‘Play of the Day’ will be shared on the US Open’s Facebook page, including the hashtag, #EmiratesFlyBetter and #BackIntheGame
- Broadcast Commercial on ESPN: Emirates’ new commercial, Emirates Crew Reassurance, will run across ESPN’s broadcast and digital platforms.
With more than 50 percent of its pre-pandemic destination network back in service, Emirates looks forward to getting back in the game and back in the skies. As borders continue to open, the airline is committed to keeping passengers safe and protected at every step of the journey. To date, Emirates has resumed service from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), O'Hare International Airport (ORD), Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and Washington D.C.’s Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Free, global cover for COVID-19 related costs: Customers can now travel with confidence, as Emirates has committed to cover COVID-19 related medical expenses, free of cost, should they be diagnosed with COVID-19 during their travel while they are away from home. This cover is immediately effective for customers flying on Emirates until 31 October 2020 (first flight to be completed on or before 31 October 2020), and is valid for 31 days from the moment they fly the first sector of their journey. This means Emirates customers can continue to benefit from the added assurance of this cover, even if they travel onwards to another city after arriving at their Emirates destination. For more details: www.emirates.com/COVID19assistance.
Dubai is Open: Customers from Emirates’ network can travel to Dubai as the city is open for business and leisure visitors since 7 July, with new air travel protocols that facilitate travel for UAE citizens, residents, and tourists while safeguarding the health and safety of visitors and communities. Visitors to Dubai should hold an international health insurance policy covering illness from Covid-19 for the duration of their stay. For more information on entry requirements for international visitors to Dubai, please visit www.emirates.com/flytoDubai.
Health and safety first: Emirates has implemented a comprehensive set of measures at every step of the customer journey to ensure the safety of its customers and employees. All passengers also receive complimentary hygiene kits containing masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and antibacterial wipes. For more information on these measures and the services available on each flight, visit www.emirates.com/yoursafety
Travel restrictions: Customers are reminded that travel restrictions remain in place, and travelers will only be accepted on flights if they comply with the eligibility and entry criteria requirements of their destination countries. For additional information, visit www.emirates.com/wherewefly
DXB Entry Restrictions: All passengers boarding Emirates flights, whose travel originates in the below U.S. gateway markets, cannot be accepted onboard unless they hold a COVID-19 negative certificate issued by a local government-approved laboratory. A certificate from a UAE Government designated laboratory (where specified) in the country is also acceptable. Certificates cannot be issued more than 96 hours before commencing travel. The gateways include:
- Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
- Houston (IAH)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
- Orlando (MCO)
- All passengers originating in California, Florida, and Texas, and connecting onto an Emirates flight to DXB
The Emirates story started in 1985 when we launched operations with just two aircraft. Today, we fly the world’s biggest fleets of Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s, offering our customers the comforts of the latest and most efficient wide-body aircraft in the skies.
We inspire travelers around the world with our growing network of worldwide destinations, industry leading inflight entertainment, regionally inspired cuisine, and world-class service.