(MIAMI, July 2019) – Kimpton EPIC Hotel is an urban hotel situated in the heart of Downtown Miami, exuding the true beauty of the city through unparalleled views of Biscayne Bay. Known for its unmatched service and amenities for the ultimate Miami getaway, beginning this month, the upscale downtown hotel is going to get even better. Currently, Kimpton EPIC Hotel Miami has begun extensive renovations of its guestrooms and suites, lobby and pool area, revamping the hotel while maintaining its beloved sophistication and high-end feel.
Kimpton EPIC’s refresh and redesign, expected to be completed by the end of September, is masterminded by the talented in-house Kimpton design team under the helm of Ave Bradley, Creative Director & Global SVP of Design, and Diana Martinez, Senior Design Director at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.
“We’re thrilled to have the chance to reimagine the Kimpton EPIC,” said Bradley. “The new design will retain the quiet sophistication that guests have fallen in love with over the years but brings with it an elevated level of quality and European style and sophistication that connects to the softness and organic qualities of the surrounding environment while maintaining the timelessness that EPIC has always been recognized for.”
The renovation will be a transformation to a new, fresh version of Kimpton EPIC. The finishes, furniture, and amenities will be acutely refined, and elegantly minimal with an organic sensibility. High-impact artwork will evoke several elements including the natural components of the Earth while speaking to the Miami landscape and personality in a modern and abstract manner. It will celebrate the thriving Miami art scene while paying homage to Miami’s culture that is adored by many. As with all Kimpton properties, the approach is a bespoke design. Virtually all furniture, lighting and artwork are custom and proprietary to the hotel.
Miami’s past, present and future will serve as Kimpton EPIC’s design muse. Renovation highlights include:
- Upon arrival, guests will experience a different approach to minimal and sophisticated elegance in the hotel’s reimagined lobby area. Hues in wheat, gray and white, with a layer of soft harbor blue, offer a modern and high-end beach palette in the arrival and reception area. Black and bronze metals, woven linen, marble and custom hardware featured throughout will exhibit the luxurious feeling that Miami evokes within.
- Travelers will love the driftwood-inspired slatted headboards, wood-look tile flooring throughout the guestrooms, marble base table and chairs and private patios with custom furniture, all overlooking Biscayne Bay.
- Art featured within the guestrooms has a local sensibility, with a specific focus on highlighting Miami’s flourishing art scene.
- Two EPICally detailed suites – a Hospitality and a Presidential, both residing on the corners of hotels 30th floor, with wrap around balconies and sweeping views of the city lights, the bay, and ocean – will each feature curated, one-of-a-kind furniture, collected art and various functional considerations for entertaining and hosting.
- The high-end sophisticated feel of the property will extend into the hotel’s expansive 16th-floor pool terrace as well, with new European furnishes and a clean and modern color palette that has playful touches for an energetic pool vibe. Guests will enjoy new daybeds, sofas and dining areas, making the terrace the perfect space to lounge both day and night.
Reservations for the remodeled rooms will be available for booking starting this summer. For more information or reservations, please visit www.epichotel.com.
About Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Kimpton EPIC Hotel is a lifestyle, waterfront hotel, located in vibrant downtown Miami at the edge of the Miami River and Biscayne Bay. A continual winner of Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards, EPIC combines the timeless style of a cosmopolitan boutique hotel with the amenities of a resort to create a sophisticated recreation oasis for guests amidst the energy and pulse of Miami. The elements of the EPIC lifestyle include superlative dining provided by the progressive American, ocean-inspired, Chef-driven Area 31. Awarded AAA’s “2018 Four Diamond Award – Restaurants,” Area 31 delivers breathtaking views from the hotel’s 16th floor. With an on-property private marina, the first. U.S. Zuma restaurant, and Maison F.P. Journe bar and cigar lounge, the EPIC truly holds luxury at its fingertips. The Kimpton EPIC lifestyle also touches the mind, body and spirit with Exhale, a unique spa concept that combines therapeutic services with a host of offerings including proprietary core fusion classes, spa therapies and transformational mind-body fitness experiences, and much more.