The hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. It's not limited to just hotels and restaurants but travel, tourism, airline industry, cruise lines, retail and facilities management everything comes under the same umbrella.
It works together with guest satisfaction and contentment. This industry works hard to create happiness, experiences, and memories for people. More and more youth worldwide are now considering it as a full-time career, there are limitless opportunities within the industry and one gets chance to work in different part of the world. You can work at the highest altitude or choose to work on the shores of the most pristine beaches, on the island in the middle of the ocean or around a dense forest surrounded by wildlife. The choice is yours, but the opportunities are endless.
Looking for a career, start fresh and join the third largest industry in the world. Hospitality industry leads with passion, dedication and hard work, do you think you have it in you? It is one of the glamorous industries in the world.
Here is a sneak peak of 20 Hot Hospitality Jobs around the world-
- Servers: Waiter and Waitress jobs are largely accepted by fresh graduates who seek their first efficient job in the industry. It’s one of the vital roles in the F&B industry.
- Housekeeping Attendants: The guest checks into a decent hotel and the room smells fresh, clean and tidy. It’s never possible without a help of Housekeeping attendants. Hotel’s performance is highly dependant on this department.
- Reception/ Guest Service: The moment one enters the hotel, it’s upon the receptionist to give the experience of the hotel culture. Like they say the first impression is the last impression.
- Spa Therapist: Today’s life is filled with a lot of stress, who would mind a pleasurable massage in a nice spa? A good spa therapist can take the tension away with unique massage techniques.
- Chef: Chef is an industry on its own, these people are the key elements of the industry. Good food with the loved ones and in a decent place helps in unwinding. A normal person eats out at least once or twice every week or maybe more.
- Bartender: Alcohol lovers look for opportunities to mingle with friends and what can beat a highly qualified bartender mixing and serving unique cocktails.
- Gym Instructor: - Long term guests carry their sports shoes to work in the gym these days. Having a good gym instructor in the hotel adds to the value.
- Bellhop: - Bell team assisting guests with transporting luggage is the primary responsibility of bell staff, modern high-end hotels provide all manner of luxury goods and services. Bell service staff also assist in making arrangements and delivering guest requests
- Meeting and convention planner: - As the industry is growing, there are many events organized at the hotels, meeting and event planner is the one who would organize the entire event according to the client’s needs.
- Concierge: - Concierge team assists guests by performing various tasks such as making restaurant reservations, booking hotels, arranging for spa services, recommending night life hot spots, booking transportation (like taxi, limousines, airplanes, boats, etc.), coordinating porter service (luggage assistance).
- Kids Club Coordinator: -Large resorts usually have the kids club with games and activities for kids. Kids Club Coordinator is responsible to organize these activities to entertain the kids. If you love kids, this could be a job for you.
- Reservation agent: - Reservation agents work in hotels and resorts to help people book their stay. Reservation agents often work in call centers for the resorts and take incoming calls for people interested in staying in the property.
- Travel Agent: - A travel agent's role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work with a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday. They also offer advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events, and customs.
- Leisure Activity Co-ordinator: - An Activity Coordinator develops and plans activities, outings, and events. They may work in various settings, such as hotels, nursing homes, colleges or camps. They are responsible for developing programs, staffing the events and overseeing the implementation of activities.
- Sales and Marketing Managers: - Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and plans; implementing sales plans; managing
- Social Media Manager: - Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including Develop relevant content topics to reach the company's target customers. Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written). Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- PR Manager: - PR managers create and maintain a favorable public image for their employer or client by communicating programs, accomplishments and/or points of view. Public relations managers are tasked with fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media, preparing media kits and organizing press conferences.
- Airport Ambassador: - Airport Ambassadors are the front-line representative of the Airports Authority and demonstrates friendliness and helpfulness to travelers from nations all over the world.
- Cabin Crew: - The role of an air cabin crew member is to provide excellent customer service to passengers while ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the flight. They're trained to deal with security and emergency situations which may arise and can administer first aid to passengers.
- IT Manager: - IT Manager is responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel/resort. Additionally, responsible for Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support. Also maintains the inventory of all hardware products and software licenses and reviews maintenance agreements.