Dubai, UAE, January 2019: With Valentine’s Day around the corner, couples across the city begin their quest for the ultimate romantic experience. Those looking for a refreshing change from the usual flowers, candles and cards, can pack a bag and head to the final resting place of St. Valentine, Ireland.
For the love-struck
- Stay at Ashford Castle in County Mayo for a luxurious night of celebration, while savouring the spectacular backdrop of woodlands, lake, river, and mountains. Guests can even indulge in a vast range of pampering treatments at the extensive spa.
- Take to the road with your special someone and hit the Wild Atlantic Way, exploring the beautiful counties of Donegal, Clare, Sligo, Mayo and Galway – with a number of quaint romantic stops along the way.
- Take a trip out to the awe-inspiring Cliffs of Moher in county Clare, which is the perfect location for those looking to pop the question!
For the quirky
Unleash your inner movie buff and visit some of the iconic filming locations on the island.
- Star wars fans celebrate like Hans and Leia as they head over to Skellig Michael and take in the breath-taking scenery of the famous location.
- Game of Thrones fanatics can recreate Khaleesi and Jon Snow scenes as they traverse through Northern Ireland and see first hand the many locales where the popular show was filmed.
For the solos
Those without significant others needn’t worry this Valentine’s Day, as Ireland hosts the world’s most unique matchmaking event every September!
- Renowned for allowing singles from around the world endless opportunities to interact, the Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking Festival sets the tone for a return visit to Ireland with a new found love in tow.
Those looking to book their ultimate romantic Ireland getaway this Valentine’s Day can choose from a range of packages:
Property: Dunbrody House
Description: The valentines package includes two nights of luxury accommodation, dinner for two on one evening from a specially curated menu and late breakfasts. In addition to this, those who avail the offer can enjoy a romantic tour of Hook Lighthouse, armed with a delightful hamper of Veuve Cliquot Champagne and chocolate truffles. Guests will also be treated to a signature body massage for two on the property, following the tour.
Valid From: 12.02.2019 to 18.02.2019
Prices: From AED 1,789
Property: Killarney Royal Hotel
Description: Couples can enjoy a romantic break at the Killarney Royal Hotel with over two nights. Setting the tone for the experience to ensure will be the bottle of sparkling and chocolates waiting in all room. Each morning will kick off with a full Irish breakfast each morning, whilst the rest of the day will see guests indulging in a delectable three course set evening meal in the Candle Room Restaurant on one preffered evening. If guests would like for a more customized experience, the team will be on hand to ensure that each experience is truly special.
Valid From: 08.02.2019 to 17.02.2019
Prices: From AED 1,414
Property: Newforge House
Description: Lovebirds can spend two romantic days relaxing in front of an open log fire and strolling around the extensive gardens of the property. The staff will ensure a magical experience, created through fine food and indulgent treats, including breakfast on both mornings with the option for a late breakfast on Sunday, bubbles and macarons served on arrival, hot chocolate and other soul warming beverages to enjoy on Saturday evening, as well as freshly baked homemade treats, flowers and fresh fruit in each room. Taking things a step further is the six course set Surprise Romance Dinner, which can be savoured over the evening. To be able to make the most of the special occasion, the property will offer guests a late check-out on Sunday, till 12noon.
Valid From: 15.02.2019 to 16.02.2019
Prices: From AED 1,620
For more information, visit: http://www.ireland.com/
Discover Ireland on social media:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/discoverirelandgcc/
Facebook (Arabic) - https://www.facebook.com/discoverirelandarabic/
About Tourism Ireland:
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing approximately 281,000 people across the island.
- In 2017, we welcomed approximately 10.65 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of about €5.78 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 19.3 million visitors in 2017
- Since January 2018, Ireland is now visa-free for UAE Nationals, meaning easier travel and easier access to the island of Ireland
- See more at: www.tourismireland.com