Dubai, UAE, 5 October 2022:Emirates has announced new appointments to its commercial team in the Middle East, Far East, West Asia and Europe, to support the airlines efforts in rebuilding its global network amidst the increase in travel demand and the easing of restrictions.
This latest move will see 11 seasoned UAE Nationals positioned in vital markets where they will lead the airlines commercial operations and bring their skills and experience to drive growth and develop new strategies. In addition, they will be responsible for strengthening Emirates partnerships and footprint in their assigned markets.
Adnan Kazim, Chief Commercial Officer at Emirates commented:As we accelerate our operations recovery and channel our collective energies towards rebuilding the aviation ecosystem, its imperative that we create opportunities for our talented managers to utilise their capabilities, experiences and leadership skills to the fullest. The commercial outstation program is in line with the strategy advocated by His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline Group, that reaffirms our commitment to nurturing Emiratis by providing them opportunities to advance their careers and eventually become future leaders. Im proud of our UAE Nationals who support our business and represent the airline in some of its most strategic markets, and look forward to seeing the new team create innovative prospects into their new roles.
Effective 1stNovember, the following changes will occur in the Emirates Commercial team:
- Thani Al Ansari:currently Manager Kuwait and Iraq,will become Manager Ireland
- Khalid Al Zarooni:currently Manager Greece and Albania,will become Manager Kuwait and Iraq
- Ibrahim Ghanim:currently Manager Egypt and Libya,will become Manager Greece and Albania
- Abdalla Al Zamani:currently Manager Indonesia,will become ManagerEgypt and Libya
- Mohammad Al Attar:currently Manager Malaysia, will become Manager Indonesia
- Saeed Mubarak:currently Manager Tunis,will become Manager Malaysia
- Almurr Al Marri:currently Commercial Support Manager in India, will become Manager Tunis
- Mohammed Alwahedi:currently Manager Vietnam,will become Manager Thailand
- Marwan Al Marri:currently District Manager Riyadh,will become ManagerVietnam
- Wahid Albalooshi:currently Regional Manager Pakistan,will become District Manager Riyadh
- Salem Al Mana:currently Commercial Support Manager in Indonesia, will become Regional Manager Pakistan
- Vikram Arora:currently Country Manager in Afghanistan, will become Commercial Business Analysis Manager, based in Dubai
Through the commercial outstation programme, UAE nationals are able to gain broader exposure and expand their network connections. The programme grooms Emiratis to become accomplished leaders, and is underpinned by role rotations that provide them the opportunity to sharpen their skills.
The Emirates story started in 1985 when we launched operations with just two aircraft. Today, we fly the worlds biggest fleets of Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s, offering our customers the comforts of the latest and most efficient wide-body aircraft in the skies.
We inspire travelers around the world with our growing network of worldwide destinations, industry leading inflight entertainment, regionally inspired cuisine, and world-class service.