5o years of history 50 years of rich culture and heritage, mixed with traditional and modern infrastructure, lifestyle, safety, and advanced technology has made Dubai one of the most glamorous tourism, shopping, and realty destination in the world. The 10 million people in Dubai have only 11.48% Emiratis, and the rest 88.52% Expat population emanate from various demographics.
Visiting Dubai as a Tourist
Dubai organizes events, exhibitions, and shopping festivals to attract millions of international tourists every year. Dubai gives visitors the chance to experience the most prominent, largest, and best in the Eastern hemisphere. As a tourist, what are the things you need to keep in mind:
Don't smoke or drink in public: Although alcohol is not illegal in the country, it is prohibited to drink or smoke in public.
Dress Appropriately:Dubai's cosmopolitan culture allows residents and tourists to wear anything they wish. Although, you must refrain from wearing inappropriate clothing in religious places and some areas.
Don't Drink or Eat in public during Ramadan:Ramadan is the sacred month for Muslims. Eating and drinking in public places during Ramadan are prohibited. Most meal joints, restaurants, and hotels remain shut during Ramadan. However, the food courts operate in a covered area at the mall that stays open to meet non-fasting individuals' expectations. Even cinemas now allow bringing food in the theatre. You must refrain from eating on roads, building, public transit, and cars to respect the culture.
Social Media Freedom: While you're in Dubai, refrain from posting random statements and negative remarks about anything and everything. Dubai maintains a safe and calm public and social media environment and doesn't tolerate biased or agitating comments.
Visiting Dubai as a Candidate and Seeking new Opportunities
Dubai generates thousands of jobs every year in various sectors and roles and invites applicants from the global market. The pandemic has changed how recruitment worked in the past and has made it easier for recruiters to hire virtually.
If you're looking for work in the UAE. There are some things that you need to keep in mind.
- You cannot work in the UAE if you are on a visitor tourist visa. Working on a visitor or tourist visa will result in fines and deportation. Although, employers prefer to hire individuals on visit visas, which can later be changed into work permits. It allows them to interact with the person face to face.
- You must get an offer letter from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation in the UAE (MOHRE) if you are offered a job in the United Arab Emirates.
- According to UAE labor law, the sponsor (employer) is liable for paying recruitment costs.
- A residence visa cannot be processed while the applicant is outside the country. A resident visa can be awarded only when the applicant is within the UAE and has entered the country on an entry permit.
- Refrain from paying to the recruiters and avoid recruitment scams. No agency or company in Dubai charges a candidate.
If you're looking for jobs in the hospitality sector, you must check Hozpitality.com for new opportunities in the market. Hozpitality.com is a leading networking website connecting students, professionals, companies, and suppliers. The job marketplace on Hozpitality.com allows candidates to register and apply for free. Candidates can register and apply for jobs for free on Hozpitality.com's job marketplace.
Suppliers can use the product marketplace to list products they sell to the industry. Stay updated with the latest industry news, announcements, updates and avail offers deals online.