Tampa, FL, November 29, 2021 JW Marriott Tampa Water Street andTampa Marriott Water Street are excited to introduce Matthew Brennan as the complex's new Executive Chef. In his role, Chef Brennan will oversee the culinary efforts of the sister properties, both located adjacent to the convention center in Tampa's vibrant Water Street neighborhood.
"We are extremely fortunate to have Matthew join our Water Street team," said Ron McAnaugh, the properties' Area General Manager. "A proven leader with an outstanding track record, he is sure to elevate our offerings with his culinary expertise, making our hotels a foodie destination for both guests and locals alike."
Brennan, a graduate of the esteemed Culinary Institute of America, began his career under Chef Jean Robert DeCavel at the world-renowned Le Maisonette in Cincinnati. He further honed his craft with a stint at the Four Seasons Lanai in Hawaii, the Denver Marriott City Center in Colorado, and The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort Golf Club, where his team earned top 5 Quality of Food for restaurants scores for three consecutive years. Most recently, Brennan served as Executive Chef at the Columbus Downtown Renaissance Hotel. A hands-on leader, he has been named Leader of the Year at three different Marriott Hotels. Originally from the farmlands of rural Ohio, Matthew's passion in the kitchen lies in making simple ingredients look and taste amazing, with a culinary technique rooted in Northern Italian, French and Spanish cuisine.
"It's an honor to come onboard at JW Marriott Tampa Water Street and Tampa Marriott Water Street," Brennan said. "The Tampa dining scene is growing with leaps and bounds, and I'm excited to bring my own culinary vision to the city."
Dining options available at the complex include:
- DRIFTLIGHT: Its name inspired by Tampa's lighted bridges, this casual restaurant offers regional farm-and ocean-to-table cuisine served in an open and airy atmosphere perfect for any occasion.
- SIX: Here, diners enjoy chef crafted specialties in a modern American Bistro with indoor and outdoor dining overlooking the rooftop pool and the bayfront. SIX offers an approachable elegance from six floors up, creating an oasis for local visitors and hotel guests alike.
- ANCHOR AND BRINE: With a refined yet approachable seafood-forward menu and beautifully styled raw bar, Anchor and Brine is situated on the water along Tampas Riverwalk with indoor and outdoor terrace dining options.
- GARRISON TAVERN: Providing guests with a complete dining and entertainment experience, Garrison Tavern is a one-of-a-kind space in Tampa's evolving culinary scene and boasts the first Topgolf Swing Suite in Florida which offers an immersive, virtual sporting experience.
- CAFE WATERSIDE: Savor classic American favorites in a relaxed setting, perfect for indoor or outdoor dining for a casual breakfast. This waterfront restaurant is accessible from the Tampa Riverwalk and serves tasty breakfast cuisine.
For a high-resolution headshot of Chef Brennan, please click here.
To learn more about JW Marriott Tampa Water Street and Tampa Marriott Water Street, visit https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tpajd-jw-marriott-tampa-water-street and https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/tpamc-tampa-marriott-water-street.
About JW Marriott:
JW Marriott is part of Marriott Internationals luxury portfolio of brands and consists of beautiful properties and distinctive resort locations around the world. Inspired by the principles of mindfulness, JW Marriott is a haven designed to allow guests to focus on feeling whole present in mind, nourished in body, and revitalized in spirit through programs and offerings that encourage them to come together and experience every moment to the fullest. Today there are 100 JW Marriott hotels in more than 30 countries and territories worldwide that cater to sophisticated, mindful travelers who come seeking experiences that help them be fully present, foster meaningful connections and feed the soul. Visit JW Marriottonline, and onInstagramandFacebook. JW Marriott is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the global travel program from Marriott International. The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, exclusive experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including free nights and Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visitMarriottBonvoy.marriott.com.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,500 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 132 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy, its highly-awarded travel program. For more information, please visit our website atwww.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visitwww.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us onFacebookand @MarriottIntl onTwitterandInstagram.