Dubai, 4 October 2021: Tourism Ireland officially announces the launch of the 'Green Button' campaign as the island rolls out the green carpet to holidaymakers and opens its doors to tourists in the coming months.
By encouraging residents to press the 'Green Button', the campaign delivers the message to 'book now' and creates a commitment to travel by pressing a green button green being the colour of 'go' and the colour universally connected with the island of Ireland.
Having prepared a wide range of health and safety standards, put the finishing touches to new hotels and other unique accommodations, cooked up unforgettable culinary offers and developed a host of great new experiences and activities, the island gears up to welcome Middle East residents once again. By availing of travel offers and 'only in Ireland' experiences on Ireland.com, visitors can look forward to exploring amazing coastlines and mountains, discovering authentic cultural life, and experiencing gourmet secrets.
There are exciting ways to plan a trip to take in all of this and more on Ireland.com alongside a wealth of accommodation, outdoor and wellness, luxury, activities, foodie and other travel offers.
Nial Gibbons, Chief Executive of Tourism Ireland, said:"We are delighted to roll out our 'Green Button' campaign in the Middle East to re-start tourism. We look forward to welcoming visitors to the island of Ireland again to explore a multitude of unique experiences on an island that is easy to get to and easy to get around. There is so much to see, do and experience. Travellers can find inspiration for their next trip by visiting our website, Ireland.com, for a variety of offers on restaurants, hotels, leisure and outdoor activities such as golf."
Visitors from the Middle East can enjoy a quarantine-free stay if vaccinated with the approved vaccines:
- 2 doses of Pfizer-BioNtech Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 7 days since second dose)
- 2 doses of Moderna Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 14 days since second dose)
- 2 doses of Oxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 15 days since second dose)
- 1 dose of Johnson Johnson/Janssen Vaccine (regarded as fully vaccinated after 14 days since second dose)
Those who do not have one of the approved vaccines will need to:
- Present evidence of a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
- Self-quarantine for 14 days
- If you receive a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken from day 5 onwards after arrival into Ireland, you will be able to leave quarantine
The Middle East remains an important market for tourism to the island of Ireland. Before COVID-19, in 2019, Ireland welcomed over 75,000 visitors that enjoyed the island of Ireland's vibrant cities, modern cuisine, world class golf, iconic attractions and spectacular scenery including The Guinness Storehouse, Titanic Belfast, and stunning sights such as the Giant's Causeway and the Cliffs of Moher.
All this and much more can be unlocked by pressing the Green Button and visiting Ireland.com.
Discover Ireland on social media:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/discoverirelandme
- Instagram (Arabic) - https://www.instagram.com/discoverirelandme/?hl=en
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/GoToIrelandME
About Tourism Ireland:
Tourism Ireland will undertake an extensive programme of activity in autumn 2021, to promote the island of Ireland in the GCC markets. Some of the highlights include:
The 'Green Button' campaign:
- Tourism Ireland will roll out its new Green Button campaign in the Middle East, from the 4 Its multi-media promotional campaign, which will run until December, and will be seen by millions of people across the Middle East. The campaign objective is to generate awareness and drive bookings for holidays to the island of Ireland from now through to 2022. It will include:
- digital campaign (will reach 27% of the UAE and Qatar population)
- radio campaign (will reach 30% of UAE population)