Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 29 September 2021:Dubai Cares, part of Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives, has signed a partnership with LG Electronics, to ensure that visitors to its dedicated pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai enjoy a highly immersive journey that invites them to become part of a new chapter in the history of education.
To be held under the theme, "The Future is Human", the Dubai Cares Pavilion will offer visitors from around the world the opportunity to discover Dubai's story of coming together and creating a movement that was established by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, in 2007 to leverage education as the most effective tool to break the cycle of poverty.
The experience is being brought to life through an array of cutting-edge solutions from global innovator in technology, LG Electronics, which will power the pavilion and support the organization's mission to enable equitable access to quality education for children and youth around the world.
LG Electronics has provided the Dubai Cares Pavilion with information display technologies, including its 136-inch All-in-One Essential LED screen, interactive display board and video wall solutions to make the experience both smart and immersive. In addition, the pavilion will also leverage LGs PuriCare double tower air purifier and LG CLOi robot, each working to create a safer and more comfortable environment. The LG CLOi UV-C Bot is a smart, autonomous disinfection solution, which provides contactless cleaning for high traffic and high touch areas, such as offices, hotels and schools.
Dr. Tariq Al Gurg, Commissioner General for the Dubai Cares Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai and Chief Executive Officer and Vice-Chairman of Dubai Cares said: "The Dubai Cares Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai promises to take visitors on an exceptional journey that looks to both the UAEs rich legacy of philanthropy in improving childrens access to quality education while also highlighting the leading role it is playing in shaping the future of education globally. To ensure that our pavilion captures this story of the UAE in the most inspiring and impactful manner, we are delighted to partner with global names such as LG Electronics to leverage their industry-leading expertise in the latest technologies and solutions. We are thankful to LG for becoming part of the Dubai Cares movement and look forward to a highly successful collaboration during Expo 2020 and beyond."
"Our collaboration with LG Electronics would not have been possible without the support of Al Yousuf Group whose efforts, as one of LGs authorized distributors in the UAE, have played a key role in facilitating this partnership. We thank them for bringing the two entities together and contributing towards enhancing the Dubai Cares Pavilion experience at Expo 2020 Dubai," Dr. Al Gurg added.
"It gives LG tremendous pride to be partnering with the Dubai Cares Pavilion, working together to help foster new dialogues in the quest to create equitable education for all. As the past year has shown, technology is a critical lifeline in education and it has the potential to make learning environments more practical for educators, as well as more engaging for students. As the world unites both virtually and in-person for Expo 2020 Dubai, advancing and future proofing education will be a topic, which engages not only participating countries and organizations, but also visitors from around the world. We look forward to seeing discussions come to life at the Dubai Cares Pavilion," said Mr. Hongju Jeon, President-LG Electronics Gulf.
The Dubai Cares Pavilion is located in the Opportunity District within Expo 2020 Dubai and will welcome visitors from 10am 10pm from 1 October 2021 until 31 March 2022 daily.
To learn more about Dubai Cares' various engagements and initiatives at Expo 2020 Dubai, please visit: www.dubaicares.ae.
About Dubai Cares:
Since its inception in 2007,Dubai Cares, part of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives, has been working towards providing children and youth in developing countries with access to quality education through the design and funding of programs that aim to be impactful, sustainable and scalable. To date, the UAE-based global philanthropic organization has successfully launched education programs reaching over 20 millionbeneficiaries in 60 developing countries.
Dubai Cares plays a key role in helping achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4, which aims to ensure inclusive and quality education for all, and promote lifelong learning by 2030, by supporting programs in early childhood development, enabling access to quality primary and secondary education, and creating opportunities for technical and vocational education and training for youth in addition to a particular focus on education in emergencies and protracted crises. Moreover, Dubai Cares adopts a strategic approach to improve student enrollment and learning outcomes through an integrated school health and nutrition model comprising school-based deworming activities, school feeding, and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) in schools.
Dubai Cares is a member of the United Nations Department of Global Communications (UN DGC), as well as a registered non-government organization under IACAD, the charitable activities regulator in Dubai. The UAE-based global philanthropic organization is authorized to raise funds through direct donations and fundraising campaigns, as well as process all permit approvals with IACAD.
Volunteerism is a powerful tool to Dubai Cares in order to engage people in tackling development challenges. Dubai Cares rallies the UAE wider community through a large spectrum of volunteering and awareness initiatives that are linked to its global mandate.
To learn more, please visitwww.dubaicares.ae.
About LG Electronics:
LG Electronics is a global innovator in technology and consumer electronics with a presence in almost every country and an international workforce of more than 75,000. LGs four companies Home Appliance Air Solution, Home Entertainment, Vehicle component Solutions and Business Solutions combined for global sales of over USD 56 billion in 2020. LG is a leading manufacturer of consumer and commercial products ranging from TVs, home appliances, air solutions, monitors, service robots, automotive components and its premium LG SIGNATURE and intelligent LG ThinQ brands are familiar names world over.
- The LG Business Solutions Company is a trusted partner offering innovative products and solutions for international customers worldwide.
- Through unique offerings such as industry-leading OLED signage and video walls with nearly invisible bezels, LG has made itself a formidable name in the commercial sector, across industries including hospitality, healthcare and education.
- With heavy investments in future growth engines such as high efficiency solar solutions, energy storage systems (ESS) and energy management solutions (EMS), LG is committed to returning strong value to its customers.
For more information on LGs Business Solutions, visit www.LG.com/b2b.
About Expo 2020 Dubai:
From 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022, Expo 2020 Dubai will welcome visitors from every corner of the globe to join the making of a new world, as it brings together the planet in one place to reimagine tomorrow.
- With the purpose of Connecting Minds, Creating the Future, Expo 2020 will be the worlds most impactful global incubator for new ideas, catalysing an exchange of new perspectives and inspiring action to deliver real-life solutions to real-world challenges
- Expo 2020 will provide a visually striking, intellectually enlightening and emotionally inspiring 182 days, as more than 200 participants including nations, multilateral organisations, businesses, and educational institutions, as well as millions of visitors create the largest and most diverse World Expo ever
- Expo 2020s sub-themes of Opportunity,Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to preserve and protect our planet, explore new frontiers and build a better future for everyone
- Expo is committed to building a more equitable and just world for everyone, while keeping visitors safe by following the latest guidance of the worlds leading medical, science and health experts
- Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region, located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
- Built with a meaningful and measurable long-term legacy in mind, the Expo site will transform into District 2020 a model global community that will rethink the cities of the future after Expo 2020 closes its doors
Follow: Twitter: @expo2020dubai | Facebook: @Expo2020Dubai | Instagram: expo2020dubai