The recently opened Address Beach Resort, Address Hotels + Resorts first-ever beachfront property, launches several measures to ensure that sustainable living and giving back to the environment are at the forefront of all its activities.
Since its opening in December 2020, the property has put in place a number of measures ensuring minimal negative environmental and social impact, whilst still delivering uncompromising quality and luxury from check-in to check-out.
A tribute to environmental sustainability, every approach is purposeful and essential; guests can expect water reduction methods, flavours from the UAE local suppliers coupled with unparalleled gastronomical experiences, and recycling techniques to minimise waste in every possible way.
- Hotel Design and General Output
- The building is designed to encourage efficient light usage
- The building is designed with a gap in between the towers to increase light penetration.
- The towers are designed with an East West orientation reducing solar heat gain by up to 40%.
- Only LED lights with motion sensors are used in the resort (lights go off if there is no motion for 15 minutes).
- Effective waste and water management
- All waste is sorted into recyclable and non-recyclable categories in the designated disposal areas.
- The recyclable waste is segregated further into different types of recyclable categories (food, plastic, glass, aluminum, paper), each category of waste is then treated accordingly.
- The hotel has an in-built glass crusher machine and a paper-compactor machine to ensure that waste is disposed properly and is easily transportable.
- Garbage is disposed by Dubai Municipality approved sustainable waste disposal company Imdad.
- Grey water system is in place: waste water from all guest areas (public and in-room washbasins, bathtubs, etc.) is collected, chemically treated and then used to water the plants resulting in a significant water saving for the large resort area.
- The building is designed to encourage efficient light usage
- Sustainable Guest Experience
- Eco-friendly bamboo key cards are used as a proven alternative for sustainability-conscious traveler.
- Digivalet technology enables quick and easy access to digital hotel directory including menus and other room functions all viewed and controlled from an in-room iPad.
- Towel and linen reuse cards are placed in all rooms, promoting water conservation.
- Bins in all rooms are divided into compartments for segregation and recycling of waste.
- Biodegradable beach toys are given to the young guests. Made from wheat straw, green and healthy, the toys decompose on their own if placed in the sand.
- Biodegradable mugs and water bottles are used throughout the property.
- Sustainable FB Operation
- Organic and sustainable products are sourced from local suppliers (i.e. sea bass from Jebel Ali Fish Farm, oyster from Dibba Bay, vegetable from Fujairah, eggs from Al Ghurair Farm).
- The Restaurant uses sustainable smoked Scottish salmon and ZETA Seventy Seven offers livestock Japanese Wagyu cattle from Kagoshima, Japan
- Compostable and biodegradable takeaway packaging is used for takeaway throughout the resort.
- Food and beverage outlets provide bamboo cutlery and recyclable paper straws for the guests.
- Internal Training and Client Events
- All colleagues undergo regular training and partake in internal competitions on sustainability practices.
- The hotel has introduced branded mugs to avoid the usage of paper / plastic cups by colleagues.
- Only sustainable paper is used (and reused) as stationary in the offices.
- Sustainable events measures include the following: paper-less meetings (white boards with markers instead of flipcharts), water dispenser in the pre-function areas to avoid usage of bottled water, pens and no pencils, healthy and sustainable food products for coffee breaks and lunch.
Continuing to work towards an eco-friendly environment, Address Beach Resort proves that sustainability and luxury are compatible. The hotels future plans include introducing green-boxed amenities (recycled paper will be used for the packaging sleeves) and the installation of shower dispensers in all guest rooms.
About Address Beach Resort
Address Beach Resort is the first beach resort of the Address Hotels + Resorts collection, under Emaar Hospitality Group. Situated in Jumeirah Beach Residences (JBR) and overlooking the Arabian Gulf, the iconic property features two 77-storey towers, comprising 217 hotel guest rooms and suites, superb dining outlets, unparalleled leisure and entertainment facilities, 443 serviced apartments and 478 residential apartments. The property also features a private beach, multiple pools, avant-garde event spaces and state-of-the-art gym and the award-winning The Spa at Address.
About Al Ain Holding
Al Ain Holding is the project developer and a diversified investment group that operates in various key growth sectors, including capital investments, real estate, hospitality and education. The company was founded in 1996 with the mandate of contributing to the social and economic development and prosperity of the communities in which it operates. Today, Al Ain Holding has grown into a group of leading companies headquartered in Abu Dhabi with a diversified local and international investment portfolio. For more information, please visit www.alainholding.ae
About Address Hotels + Resorts
Address Hotels + Resorts is the first brand launched by Emaar Hospitality Group with properties situated in some of the most sought-after locations. Address brings a fresh identity to the global hospitality and service sector by setting new benchmarks with its gracious hospitality and exceptional service. Recognized for its fusion of contemporary style with a touch of classic elegance, Address Hotels + Resorts enriches the lives of its guests with intuitive experiences. Staying true to its tagline Where Life Happens, Address offers its guests opportunities to celebrate life and its most cherished moments. Its the ultimate Address.
About Emaar Hospitality Group:
Emaar Hospitality Group LLC, the wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai-based global property developer Emaar Properties PJSC, manages the companys growing roster of hospitality and leisure projects. Emaar hospitality owns and manages a diversified portfolio of hospitality assets such as hotels, serviced residents, golf resorts, Dubai Polo and Equestrian Club, recreation clubs, the Dubai Marina and associated yacht club. Emaar Hospitality Groups vision to be recognised as the premier global provider of personal, innovative and memorable lifestyle experiences. For more information on Emaar, please visit www.emaar.com