After all the challenges of 2020, the thought of an escape has never been more appealing. Whether looking for a great place to take the family on an adventure, a new venue to work, or a local option for a restful staycation - IHG Hotelsand Resorts has notable hotels opening across the world for everyone to enjoy.
voco Hotels:As one of the newest brands to IHG, the voco name comes from Latin origins meaning 'to invite' and 'call together' - perfect for the brand's friendly and welcoming vibes. voco combines reliability and comfort with the charm of a boutique hotel. Guests can sleep easier thanks to a focus on sustainability, with thoughtful comforts like cozy bedding made from 100 percent recycled materials, amenities in large size dispenser bottles and aerated showerheads to reduce water usage.
Following the opening of the first voco in the U.S.,voco - The Franklin New York, a charming boutique property in Manhattan's Upper Eastside near Central Park, there are several new properties on the horizon for 2021:
- In the U.S.,voco - The Tiger(Missouri, U.S.) is an iconic building located near the University of Missouri in the city's bustling downtown andvoco - St. Augustine(Florida, U.S.) in the nation's 'oldest city', is near historical landmarks, family attractions and pristine beaches.
- voco - The Bank Johannesburg, the brand's debut in South Africa, is expected to open in early 2021 and will be a short walk from the Gautrain station and surrounded by galleries, gourmet restaurants and buzzing nightlife.
- voco debuts in Scotland in early 2021, withtwonew openings.voco Grand Central, Glasgow adjoins the city's historic train Central Station and is one of the most prestigious buildings in Glasgow. Built in 1883, the hotel oozes Victorian glamour, notable details and voco's modern charm.voco Edinburgh - Haymarketwill bring the brand's signature guest experience to the popular capital city of Scotland. This hotel offers a fitness centre and rooms with plush bedding and luxe amenities.
- voco Melbourne Central, expected to open in late 2021, is Australia's third voco hotel. The 252-room hotel will form part of the '380 Melbourne' skyscraper and present all the unique and playful hallmarks of the voco brand. The hotel will feature a pool, gym, meeting space, all-day dining restaurant and bar, and - importantly for Melbourne - fantastic Barista served coffee.
Crowne Plaza Hotelsand Resorts:Following its track record of opening in key cities, airports and resort locations around the world, Crowne Plaza, an evolving brand for the modern traveller, will open its first property in Cairo, Egypt in late 2021. The 187-room new buildCrowne Plaza Cairo West Cairo - Arkanwill be 10 minutes from the New Cairo Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza. Other destinations to keep an eye on include:
- Crowne Plaza Moscow - Park Huamingopens in early 2021 and will have 340 elegant guest rooms, a premium club lounge and modern fitness facilities. There will also be three food and beverage options, including an authentic Chinese restaurant and an all-day dining restaurant.
- Crowne Plaza Phu Quoc Starbayin Vietnam is expected to open in the first half of 2021 and is located along the coast of Dai Beach in north-west Phu Quoc - an up-and-coming resort location with stunning beaches of the Gulf of Thailand.
EVEN Hotels:Calling all wellness enthusiasts - EVEN Hotels is a unique brand created with wellness at its core. With in-room fitness zones, running maps, a signature sleep experience and an eat-well ethos, travellers have everything they need to maintain their wellness routines on the road.
In 2020,EVEN Hotels - Nanjing Yangtze Riverin China opened, which was its first property outside the U.S. The brand has seven more openings slated, including:
- EVEN Hotels Shenandoah - The Woodlands(Texas, U.S.) will open in early 2021 and guests will find a wealth of things to do, from shopping to hiking the WG Jones State Forest.
- With the brand's debut in Shenzhen, a modern metropolis in south western China,EVEN Hotels - Shenzhen Nanshan, will be in the up-and-coming district of Nanshan. Expected to open early next year, guests will have access to local attractions such as Lizhi Park and the famous Lo Wu Commercial Shopping Mall.
- EVEN Hotels Atlanta - Cobb Galleria(Georgia, U.S.), opening mid-2021, will be located near Atlanta's best shopping and attractions, Truist Park - home to the Atlanta Braves baseball team, and numerous corporate headquarters.
Holiday Inn Hotelsand Resorts and Holiday Inn Express:Since the first Holiday Inn hotel opened in Memphis in 1952, it has played a pivotal role in bringing people together through travel. With more than 4,000 hotels around the world, the brands remain true to its roots - to be a place where everyone is welcome and everywhere travellers want to be.
Slated to open spring 2021,Holiday Inn Goa Candolim(India) in North Goa and will offer guests relaxed, comfortable and contemporary accommodations. With views of beautiful, native foliage and just 400 meters away from the beach, this property is near many popular tourist destinations. Additional notable 2021 openings include:
- Holiday Inn Express Brussels - Grand-Place(Belgium) will open early next year near Brussels' central square. A UNESCO World Heritage Site that is considered one of the most beautiful squares in all of Europe, Grand Place is home to the Town Hall and the Brussels City Museum.
- Holiday Inn Resort Samui Bophut(Thailand), will be the first Holiday Inn Resort in the popular destination of Koh Samui. Just 15-minutes from the Samui International Airport, the resort boasts 127 resort-styled rooms, including specially designed Kid Suites and Family Suites. The hotel is due to open in late 2021.
- Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles - Rosemead(California, U.S.), is expected to open late 2021. The town of Rosemead features the best of both worlds - while near all the dazzle of Hollywood, it features plenty of parks and nature reserves for a quiet respite.
- Holiday Inn Werribee(Australia), opening in early 2021, will be the first hotel in Australia to introduce the brand's Open Lobby concept that combines the reception area, lobby restaurant, bar lounge into one, design-led open space. One of the newest hotels in Western Melbourne, it provides easy access to local attractions including Werribee Open Range Zoo, Victorian State Rose Garden, and Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre.
- Set to be a flagship for Holiday Inn in New Zealand, the new buildHoliday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Parkis expected to open by the end of 2021. With 182 contemporary guest rooms, all-day dining and bar venue, gym, and large meeting facilities - the location is sure to make this hotel a Queenstown staple.
avid hotels:Revolutionising simple travel, avid delivers the basics exceptionally well at a fair price. The brand offers superior guest stays, including a great night's sleep, a grab-and-go, complimentary breakfast, and seamless technology - the essentials for everyday travel.
The avid hotels brand is growing rapidly, with nearly 70 openings expected throughout the Americas in 2021. These include new hotels in every region of the U.S., from Salem, Massachusetts to Moab, Utah, and Mexico's key destinations - from Guadalajara to Tijuana.
Atwell Suites:Atwell Suites is IHG's newest all-suites hotel brand, optimised for longer stays of up to six nights. Guests can expect inspired, flexible and enriching spaces, such as distinct zones for living and sleeping in all suites; a wet bar with an undercounter refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and bar sink; a work area with a high-top desk; a pull-out sofa; an oversized vanity in the bathroom; and a two-sided closet that can be accessed from the guestroom and the bathroom.
The first-ever Atwell Suites will open in mid-2021 in Miami's Brickell neighbourhood as a dual-branded property with Hotel Indigo. Two more Atwell Suites properties, Denver Airport and Kerrville, TX near San Antonio are slated to open later in the year.
Extended Stay:For those looking for an extended stay hotel that feels more like home, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites are the perfect choices for multi-night business travellers or leisure guests seeking a sense of community. Both brands offer amenities including a full kitchen in every suite and dedicated outdoor space, while Staybridge Suites provides complimentary hot breakfast daily with signature items and an onsite fully stocked Pantry with the essentials, and Candlewood Suites features the Candlewood Cupboard, with a variety of breakfast items, beverages, snacks, and frozen entres.
Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Novena(Mexico) is expected to open mid-2021 and will be located near Novena Mexico Shopping Mall and close to Providencia and Americas Financial Area. Guadalajara offers a looking glass into 'old' Mexico traditions such as mariachi music and the famous charreadas (Mexican rodeos). Additional global openings include:
- Staybridge Suites Temecula Wine Country(California, U.S.) is set to open its doors early in 2021. Home to nearly 50 wineries, guests will be surrounded by beautiful views of the Californian desert, with the hotel set against the backdrop of rolling hills and sprawling valleys of vineyards.
- Staybridge Suites Cardiff(Wales) sits alongside the existing Holiday Inn Express with uninterrupted views overlooking the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. The hotel will have total of 73 suites and is scheduled to open mid-2021.
- Staybridge Suites Dubai Internet City(United Arab Emirates) will open early in 2021 along Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai's main commercial artery with convenient access to the Dubai Metro system. Most of the studios and apartments feature a private balcony to enjoy spectacular city or sea views.
- Candlewood Suites Lexington - Medical District(South Carolina, U.S.) is slated to open late 2021, offering a new option for extended stay travellers to the greater Columbia area.
Please note: At this stage (Winter 2020), there may still be shifts in opening dates due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please refer to websites for the latest information or reach out with any specific questions.
For more information on IHG Hotelsand Resorts 2021 luxury and lifestyle hotel openings, pleasevisit the latest update here.
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels Resorts, InterContinental Hotels Resorts, Kimpton Hotels Restaurants, Hotel Indigo, EVEN Hotels, HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts, Crowne PlazaHotels Resorts, voco, Holiday Inn Hotels Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, avid hotels, Staybridge Suites,Atwell Suites and Candlewood Suites.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns nearly 6,000 hotels and 890,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with approximately 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also managesIHG Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLCis the Groups holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: https://www.ihgplc.com/en/news-and-media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihgcorporate, www.facebook.com/ihgcorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group