Tampa, Florida December 9, 2020. With construction nearing completion and an opening date in March 2021, JW Marriott Tampa Water Street is excited to introduce its leadership team. Together, this skilled collection of hospitality professionals will ensure that the highly anticipated property offers guests an enriching, immersive escape in the midst of Tampa's exciting Water Street neighborhood.
"We've gathered an incredibly talented group of hospitality industry experts here on Water Street," said Ron McAnaugh, Area General Manager at JW Marriott Tampa Water Street and Tampa Marriott Water Street. "Together, this leadership team will ensure that each and every guest at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street enjoys the ultimate in service."
A Marriott veteran of more than 30 years, McAnaugh comes to the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street with a wealth of hospitality experience. Prior to his role as Area General Manager at sister property Tampa Marriott Water Street, Ron served as Hotel Manager for Orlando World Center Marriott, Marriott's largest hotel. In addition to his Marriott responsibilities, McAnaugh just wrapped his term as Chairman of Visit Tampa Bay, and is now President of the Hillsborough County Hotel Motel Association (HCHMA) and on the board for Tampa's Friends of the Riverwalk organization.
The new JW Marriott Tampa Water Street leadership team that will be supporting McAnaugh includes:
- Christopher Adkins, Director of Sales Marketing: A long-time resident of Florida's Gulf Coast, Chris has more than 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry and over 20 with Marriott International, including leadership positions at Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance and Marriot brand hotels. In his role, he will lead the overall sales efforts, as well as create and execute a marketing plan that lays the foundation for the hotel's success.
- Brittany Matthews, Director of Sales: Brittany's 19-year Marriott sales career has spanned seven unique Marriott brands across six major cities including Chicago, San Antonio and Nashville.As Director of Sales at both Tampa Marriott Water Street and JW Marriott Tampa Water Street, she will be leading the group, catering and city-wide sales efforts for the hotels, and is passionate about selling Tampa and Water Street as a distinct and vibrant destination.
- Ryan Burns, Director of Restaurants: A seasoned culinary and hospitality professional, Ryan's expanded knowledge of restaurant management has allowed him to serve at such esteemed properties in Central Florida as Gaylord Palms and Omni ChampionsGate Resort. Prior to joining the team at JW Marriott Tampa Water Street, Ryan's restaurant operations expertise led to the re-conception of Tampa Marriott Water Street's newest restaurants, Garrison Tavern and Anchor and Brine.
- Joseph Pankrath, Executive Chef: Chef Pankrath's varied techniques and modern culinary twists are the result of a quarter century of hotel and gastronomic expertise. Staying abreast of current culinary trends, he creates inspiring dishes, accented with seasonal flavors and local ingredients of the Tampa Bay region.
- Richard Trinidad, Director of Spa: With more than 24 years of experience within the spa and wellness field, Richard will oversee the Spa by JW's offerings, allowing guests to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. Originally from Puerto Rico, Richard previously held multiple positions at other Marriott properties, including the St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort in Puerto Rico and the Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort Golf Club.
- Bodgan Moisa, Director of Hotel Rooms Operation: Bodgan's hospitality journey has included successful stints at such esteemed properties as JW Marriott Marquis Miami, Philadelphia Marriott West Marriott, and most recently, Tampa Marriott Water Street. In his new role, he will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of guest services, valet services, concierge and uniformed services, housekeeping, laundry, and communications in a courteous and effective manner.
Designed by Nichols Brosch Wurst Wolfe and Associates, with interiors by Champalimaud Design, JW Marriott Tampa Water Street is adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center and Amalie Arena, home to the National Hockey Leagues Tampa Bay Lightning. The hotel features 100,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including the largest hotel ballroom in Tampa Bay at approximately 30,000 square feet.
To book or learn more about the new JW Marriott Tampa Water Street, visit jwmarriotttampawaterstreet.com.
About JW Marriott Tampa Water Street
The 519-room JW Marriott Tampa Water Street dramatically expands Tampa Bay's capacity for conventions and high-end travelers. The luxury hotel includes Tampa Bay's highest rooftop bar with sweeping view of downtown and the bay. Designed to become a center of activity, the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street offers on multiple social spaces and amenities across six levels, including a full-service spa and fitness center; an expansive pool and sun terrace; a full-service, ground-floor restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating, and other neighborhood serving retail outlets. Its 100,000 square feet of meeting space will supplement the 600,000-square-foot Tampa Convention Center across the street. Learn more at jwmarriotttampawaterstreet.com.
About JW Marriott
JW Marriott is part of Marriott Internationals luxury portfolio of brands and consists of beautiful properties and distinctive resort locations around the world. The impressive array of award-winning hotels cater to sophisticated, mindful travelers seekingThe JW Treatment the brand's philosophy that true luxury is created by people who are passionate about what they do. These experiences help guests to be fully present, foster connections and feed the soul.Inspired by the principles of mindfulness, JW Marriott is a haven designed to allow guests to focus on feeling whole present in mind, nourished in body, and revitalized in spirit through programs and offerings that encourage them to come together, act with intention and experience every moment to the fullest. Today there are over 80 JW Marriott hotels in more than 25 countries and territories.Visit JW Marriottonline,and onInstagramandFacebook. JW Marriott is proud to participate in Marriott Bonvoy, the new name of Marriotts travel program replacing Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, andStarwood Preferred Guest(SPG). The program offers members an extraordinary portfolio of global brands, experiences on Marriott Bonvoy Moments and unparalleled benefits including earning points toward free hotel stays and nights toward Elite status recognition. To enroll for free or for more information about the program, visitMarriottBonvoy.marriott.com.