23 November 2020: Depachika, a novel concept inspired by the Japanese basement-level food halls on Palm Jumeirah's Nakheel Mall, is counting down to its first festive calendar bringing together food offers and gift hampers from 43 retail and dine-in vendors, as well as Christmas events for the family.
"We're looking forward to our first festive season since opening Depachika Food Hall earlier this year. A busy calendar of in-store family activations, special Christmas-themed food offers, and gift ideas await residents and visitors to Dubai. Our 40+ retail and dine-in vendors are backed by Dubai-based artisans, entrepreneurs and break-through talent so the choice is diverse,"said Sandy El Hayek, food beverage manager, Nakheel Malls.
A selection of festive food offers and gift ideas available in-store and through Deliveroo:
- Depachika Food Hall: a taste of 26 retail vendors with a hamper of savoury and sweet goodies priced at AED350. Gift vouchers also available.
- Mamalu Kitchen: cooking classes from roasting turkey and baking mince pies, to canape making and table design; make-your-own edible food hampers; gingerbread cookie baking and edible Christmas tree ornaments for kids. Prices start at AED200 for two-hour cooking classes.
- Prime Gourmet: ready cooked hormone-free New Zealand roast turkey with all the trimmings for take-away or delivery or frozen turkeys for home cooks. From AED200.
- The Cheeseroom: specially created cheese boards from AED200.
- Salmontini: buy a caviar tin from AED315 and receive ten blinis for free.
- Lakrids: a Christmas advent calendar of the worlds finest liquorice chocolate with a different flavour for every day. AED180.
- Kilikio by Mythos: Greek festive cookies of kourabiedes shortbread and melomakarona honey biscuits from AED80.
- Sugarmoo: build-your-own Christmas tree cookie sets; cookies and cakes galore with a choice of themes from a Santa, a snowman and reindeer to mistletoe and a wreath.
- Montoneand Massimo Gelato: festive Italian panettone, starting from AED62 for 500g.
- Boon Coffee: a Christmas cold brew, a cinnamon caramel latte and a cranberry lemonade, from AED24.
- Dammann Freres: a special Christmas tea blend with notes of orange, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and almond for AED65.
- Chef's Play: 15 per cent discount on kitchen knives and cooking utensils for the month of December.
- Fade Fit Kids: 15 per cent discount throughout December on healthy kids snacks developed by popular radio DJ Kris Fade.
- Florette- Wreath workshop Dec 6th From 350 AED (20 available slots)
A festive calendar of family activations:
- Friday 18th December Saturday 19th December, 12 8pm: Santa Meet Greet. In line with social distancing requirements, children can post their Christmas gift wish list into the mailbox.
- Friday 18th December, Saturday 19th December, Friday 25th December, Saturday 26th December, 12 8pm: face painting, arts crafts for kids.
- Friday 18th December Saturday 19th December - 2pm, 2.30pm 3pm: an 'a cappella' Christmas carol choir performing for 15 minutes.
Call to action:
- Opening hours: Open daily 10am -10pm (The Climbing Goat, Boon Coffee and 1762 Bakery open at 8am). Also available on Deliveroo.
- Location: Nakheel Mall, Palm Jumeirah, ground level (next to Waitrose).
- Parking: Lower ground level.
- Telephone: 054 5827982
- Instagram: instagram.com/depachika.ae/
- Facebook: facebook.com/Depachika.ae/
Full list of Depachika's 43 vendors:
Lime Tree Cafe; Madame Choux; Sugarmoo; Boon Coffee; The Climbing Goat; Casa Della Pasta; The Cheeseroom; 1762; Saj2go; V-shakes; Kushi by Reif; Kilikio by Mythos; Moishi; Massimo's Gelato; Salmontini.
Retail/ gifting (28):
Florette; The Lighthouse; Lakrids; The Truffelers; Royce Chocolate; Belvas; William Di Carlo; Little Greece; The Cellar Door; Che's Play; Prime Gourmet; Orient Delight; Mafnood; Sparkbake; Let's Popcorn; Melange; Al Nassma; Basboussa; Ripe; Montone; Dammann Freres; Mamalu Kitchen; Protein Bakeshop; Fade Fit Kids; Cassinetto; Domori; Prestat; Maxime De Paris.
About Nakheel Mall (www.nakheelmall.ae)
Nakheel Mall opened in November 2019 in the heart of Dubai's world-famous Palm Jumeirah, providing on-the-doorstep convenience for the islands residents, a new destination for people living elsewhere in the UAE and a stunning new attraction for tourists.
The AED1.2 billion shopping and dining destination features 300 shops, restaurants, services and leisure attractions across five retail levels, as well as a three-level basement car park for 4,000 vehicles. The mall has its own Palm Monorail station, and pedestrian access from Al Ittihad Park and nearby residences.
With a focus on entertainment and leisure, the mall features a wealth of new and unique concepts as well as household favourites, including a 15-screen Vox Cinemas complex, Trampo Extreme, Fabyland, Waitrose supermarket, Depachika Food Hall, HM, Fitness First and many more.
Nakheel Mall is also the access point for The View at The Palm, a public observatory perched on the top of the neighbouring Palm Tower, 230 metres above the island. The View will open later this year, providing 360 degree views of Palm Jumeirah, the Arabian Gulf and Dubai's world-famous landmarks.
Nakheel Mall's standard operational hours are 10am to 10pm on weekdays, and 1 am to 12midnight on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
About Nakheel Malls (www.nakheel.com/nakheel-malls.html)
Nakheel Malls owns and operates a diverse range of world-class retail experiences with a distinct portfolio of iconic lifestyle, shopping, dining and entertainment destinations across Dubai. Its strong heritage has been a driving force behind its well-established footprint, which spans 1.4 million square metres of gross leasable space. Nakheel Malls' 14 developments and 5,000 retailers together shape the lifestyle of 90 million customers every year.
The Palm Jumeirah - Nakheel's award-winning, world-famous landmark and a symbol of the UAE's ambition and creativity - is home to Nakheel Mall, Golden Mile Galleria, The Pointe, Club Vista Mare, Palm West Beach and The Palm Monorail, a celebration of enhanced lifestyle experiences for residents and tourists alike. The Palm Fountain and The View at The Palm will launch in due course.
Nakheel Malls' expanding portfolio is a testament to its creative spirit that reflects people's aspirations. It includes distinguished, large-scale shopping centres such as Ibn Battuta Mall, Dragon Mart (which recently launched its ecommerce platform in partnership with DP World) and a collection of Pavilions located across six Nakheel residential communities. Upcoming projects include Souk Warsan, Al Khail Avenue and The Circle Mall.
Nakheel Malls is the retail arm of world-leading master developer Nakheel and the exclusive franchisee for its gourmet food hall concept, Depachika.