The hotel has received the prestigious Bureau Veritas’ Safeguard label – an international certification body ensuring conformity to the highest hygiene standards throughout
The luxurious destinations have launched the Meydan Safety and Cleanliness Commitment – a dedicated and thorough cleaning drive to ensure the utmost safety of guests
New summer rates, staycation and daycation deals, stay&dine packages with redeemable vouchers towards F&B and more.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 22 June 2020 – In preparation for the reopening of The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa, Meydan Hotels and Hospitality have launched the Meydan Safety and Cleanliness Commitment – a dedicated and thorough cleaning drive to ensure the utmost safety of all its guests as it prepares to open doors on 12th of July 2020.
To celebrate the reopening, Meydan Hotels and Hospitality have launched a new unparalleled daycation at AED 249 for family with up to 2 kids an unbeatable staycation deal, with saving up to 30 percent, redeemable F&B credits and more. The guests can avail a wonderful stay at the Meydan Hotel or Bab Al Shams Resort starting from AED 399. Expect scenic views, a variety of mouth-watering cuisines to choose from and top-notch service throughout. Diners can savour generous F&B benefits, where AED 200 will be redeemable towards F&B with a stay, includes complimentary breakfast alongside a flexible refund policy to ensure your safety is certain.
As part of this commitment, the hotel has received the prestigious Bureau Veritas’ Safeguard label – to ensure high hygiene standards throughout the hotel and resort. All staff have undergone professional infection control training equivalent to a hospital grade process.
Enhanced and innovative disinfection technologies such as electrostatic sprayers, hospital grade chemicals, ultraviolet light vacuum machines, UV box sterilizers, steam cleaners and cold fogging machines will be used throughout the hotels.
Mohamed Shawky, Hotel Manager of The Meydan Hotel comments, “The safety of our guests and colleagues alike is very important to us hence we are taking extra measures of preparedness to provide a safe stay for all guests who choose to stay in our hotels. We take pride in developing this comprehensive program which combines an additional layer of safety with the highest level of personalized service, comfort and care.”
In addition, the following procedures are being introduced:
- Room amenities – in line with Dubai authority guidelines, mini hand sanitizers will be included in every room, masks and gloves will be provided upon request and door seals will be in placed to indicate that a room hasn’t been accessed after being comprehensively cleaned.
- Cleaning process for rooms – all rooms will be placed on ‘Do Not Disturb’ status by default to provide guests with absolute privacy. Each room will be cleaned by two staff for maximum efficiency. High Touch Surfaces (HTS) such as doorknobs, light switches, call buttons etc. will be disinfected thoroughly. Minibars will be removed, Paper amenities will be de-cluttered and both will be available only on request or will be replaced with digital versions.
- Public area cleaning facilities – the frequency of cleaning public areas will be increased throughout. Hotel lobby, primary entrances, fitness centre and high traffic areas will have guest accessible hand-sanitizingstations and disinfection wipes to allow guests to disinfect high touching points before use.
- Guest requests – all guest requests will be attended at the guest room door, keeping a distance of 1.5 metre as per contactless guidelines plus all items will be organized in pantries to support the timeliness of the operation.
- Contactless delivery – contactless pick-up from the restaurants will be implemented and riders will not be allowed into the hotel. All transactions will be made cashless to limit unnecessary contact.
- Social distancing - stickers will be placed on the floors to remind guests to maintain physical distancing. Plexiglass barriers will be installed at front desk to separate guests from colleagues. All furniture in public areas will be rearranged to keep social distancing rules for the convenience of guests. Same procedure will be implemented for back of house areas and colleagues restaurant
- Contactless Check-In - upon arrival to the hotel, visitors can also expect contactless check-in where hotel staff have undergone intensive training to complete formalities with minimum timing. Key cards will be disinfected before and after usage in UV box sterilizers.
- Food safety - all food handlers and supervisors are trained on safe food preparation and service practices and there is a rigorous quality compliance monitoring system in place. Hotels have valid certificates on food safety and quality control from ISO 22000and ISO 9001
Ziad Sleiman, Hotel Manager of Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa said, “Our hospitality division has done great work in ensuring the health and safety of our guests and employees during the past weeks and months and we are closely following the recommendations of the global and local public health authorities, including the WHO and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Guests nowadays are looking for the safest experience and with maximum precautions in place, we look forward to opening our doors to the public once again.”
Opened in 2004, Meydan Hotels & Hospitality manage Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa one of Dubai’s authentic landmarks, offering Arabian hospitality and a luxurious desert experience. Sister property The Meydan Hotel was built in 2010 around Meydan Racecourse, home of the Dubai World Cup and Dubai World Cup Carnival, and is considered as one of Dubai’s exemplary landmarks, with prestigious sports facilities, including the fully floodlit, ‘pay & play’ nine-hole The Track, Meydan Golf overlooking the iconic Burj Khalifa.
About Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa
Located 45-minute drive from the city of Dubai and from Dubai International Airport, the 5-star desert luxury Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa, suited in the heart of Dubai desert, is the perfect destination for families, couples or simply desert lovers. Overlooking the natural landscape, this award-winning resort offers 115 rooms and suits range from 47 m² to 68.4 m² with authentic Arabian design and modern touches.
A wide selection of restaurant and lounges complete the guest dining experience throughout the stay, from Al Hadheerah restaurant with live entertainment, Indian restaurant Masala, traditional Italian cuisine at Le Dune, an all-day dining international restaurant Al Forsan to Al Sarab Rooftop Lounge, Ya Hala Lobby Lounge together with the Pool Bar. An extensive leisure and outdoor activities await the guests including two outdoor temperature-controlled swimming pools, open 4x4 desert drive, desert fat biking, archery, camel riding, falconry together with various sports games from volleyball and croquet to table tennis and boules.
With 4 treatment rooms and an indoor and outdoor relaxation areas, the award-winning Satori Spa offers an urban oasis for spa goers to indulge and re-energise. Children between aged 5 and 12 years, will be entertained with fun activities. For more information, please visit www.babalshams.com
About The Meydan Hotel
Located only 12 minutes’ drive from the Dubai Mall and the iconic Burj Khalifa and 15 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport, the 5-star luxury The Meydan Hotel is the perfect travel destination for families and couples. Overlooking the majestic Meydan Racecourse, this award-winning hotel offers spacious 284 rooms and suites from 62 m² to 352 m² with contemporary decor and Arabic touches.
A choice of seven restaurants and lounges await the guests including Prime fine dining steakhouse, Shiba Chinese and Japanese restaurant, international all-day dining Farriers, all-day relaxing Millennium Lounge, Qube Sports Bar, Shiba Bar and Equus Pool Bar.
The Meydan Hotel offers a wide range of indoor and outdoor recreational and sports facilities including ‘pay & play’ fully floodlit nine-hole The Track, Meydan Golf, exclusive behind-the-scene stable tours and four treatment rooms. For more information, please visit www.themeydanhotel.com
Short Biography: Mohamed Shawky, Hotel Manager of The Meydan Hotel
With more than 15 years of extensive experience within the hospitality industry, Mohamed Shawky is a fully empowered, committed, and highly engaged leader who is able to deliver excellence in all aspects of guests' journey.
Being an expert in business planning, he is fully hands-on with the key playing departments of the hotel - Engineering, Housekeeping, and Health & Safety and Crisis Response - and at the same time, manages the Marketing, Revenue and Sales segments of Meydan Hotels, striking a balance between cost management and guest experience whilst meeting aggressive budgets and revenue targets all throughout.
He has also played a major role in numerous projects such as hotels brand enrichment, Outside Catering revenue enhancement, and special occasions packages and F&B concepts creation such as: new terrace brunch, race brunch, evening themed nights and attractive promotions to optimize slow demand meal period to mention a few.
Short Biography: Ziad Sleiman, Hotel Manager of Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa
More than 20 years in hospitality industry. Grown his career with Al Habtoor Group in Lebanon for seven years, Starwood Lebanon for two years, joined Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in Saudi Arabia as of 2009 and appointed as Hotel Manager for Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa.
An accomplished and highly professional Hospitality Manager with a wealth of experience in the profitable and efficient management of luxury hotels, other hospitality & leisure facilities, who demonstrates high levels of integrity and the ability to leading by example to create a culture of excellence.
A hands-on and well-organized leader with a good eye for detail who builds strong and effective team and partnership in all areas of operations using strong leadership and motivational abilities to exceed expectations.
Benefitting from an excellent record of defining and delivering innovative strategies and implementing organizational structures that address the needs of all stakeholders