Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
Abu Dhabi, UAE – 10 June 2020: Rotana, a leading hotel management company headquartered in the United Arab Emirates, is promising guests peace of mind from check-in to check-out with the launch of its new ‘Rotana Safe Space’ health and safety programme.
Understanding that consumer expectations have drastically changed since the global Covid-19 outbreak, the initiative focuses on what guests now value most – a contactless hospitality experience throughout their stay using tools such as the Rotana app or their own devices and significantly enhanced cleaning and disinfection practices certified by leading water, hygiene and energy technologies and services provider, Ecolab.
The hospitality firm, which operates 69 properties across the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe and Turkey, has also partnered with SGS, the world’s leading inspection, testing, verification and certification company, to monitor and verify cleanliness and hygiene procedures at every property.
Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi
Bolstered room-cleaning procedures that come with an ‘Unlock your Safe Space’ assurance for guests are a focal point of the Rotana Safe Space programme and range from full disinfection processes using intense aerosol methods to strict chemical and thermal treatments for bed and bath linens.
Rotana has also rolled out a host of contactless services, from online check-in, check-out, menus and restaurant bookings to grab-and-go packaged food options and flexible room-cleaning options to make guests feel as comfortable as possible.
“The wellbeing of our guests is always our priority at Rotana, but unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures, so we have embraced the latest technology, boosted our employee training and strengthened our already stringent health and safety procedures to launch a new programme that gives guests peace of mind throughout their stay.”
“Rotana Stay Safe focuses on what is most important to guests right now – contactless experiences and services and robust cleaning and disinfection practices verified by global experts, providing them with reassurance that when they stay with us, they are safe in our care,” said Guy Hutchinson, President and CEO of Rotana.
Watch the Rotana Safe Space video.
Highlights of the Rotana Stay Safe programme include:
A contactless experience
Rotana has rolled out several new or adapted digital services, most of which can be accessed on guests’ mobile devices and include the Rotana app:
- Contactless self-check-in on arrival or using pre-arrival online check-in
- Contactless in-room dining and restaurant menus
- Contactless services via the Rotana app to make room and restaurant bookings, in-room requests and for express check-out
- Other contactless-stay services include:
- Restaurants offer a grab-and-go packaged food option
- Room service is packaged and delivered with no human interaction
- Guests can request flexible room-cleaning times
- In-room pick-up or delivery services with no human interaction
An enhanced approach to cleaning
Rotana’s already strict cleaning and disinfection programme has been significantly augmented, with the frequency of cleaning of all hotel areas increased and new aerosol disinfection treatments introduced at all hotels.
Rotana has partnered with Ecolab, a global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, to review, validate and enhance cleaning, disinfection and sanitisation processes across all areas of its hotels, ensuring local, regional and international cleaning, health and safety standards are met.
The company’s approach to guestroom cleaning and occupancy has been bolstered with several additional measures, inviting guests to ‘Unlock your Safe Space’ when they stay at a Rotana hotel. Rooms will undergo deep cleaning as well as a full disinfection process that includes the use of intense aerosol methods, focussing not only on high touch points, but ensuring an entirely safe space is delivered. All bedding feather items, mattress protectors, bed and bath linen will be removed and disinfected after each stay and will undergo chemical and thermal disinfection. Immediately following the completion of all protocols, rooms will be sealed, assuring guests that they will be the first to enter their “Safe Space”.
Rotana’s new practices and products are certified by Rotana’s partner, Ecolab. As part of the certification process, Ecolab is conducting monthly audits of the rooms, public areas, laundry and food and beverage outlets at all Rotana hotels, as well as providing extra training to Rotana’s team of hotel professionals. The Ecolab products used are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved locally and globally.
The hotel management company has also partnered with SGS, the world’s leading inspection, testing, verification and certification company, to monitor and verify cleanliness and hygiene procedures at every property. Recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity in this field, SGS will provide assurance that we have implemented best practices in health and safety.
What guests can expect:
- All Rotana colleagues are wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and practicing strict hygiene protocols
In public areas:
- Self-parking instead of valet parking
- Luggage disinfection upon arrival
- Thermal screening (if applicable)
- Hand sanitizers dispensers in all public areas and elevators
- Social distancing measures
- Increased cleaning frequency in public areas
- Removal of all unnecessary amenities with lesser decorative items
- All remaining amenities are replaced individually for each guest following strict disinfection and sanitization.
- Minibar contents and glasses removed – guests to order when required
- New table set-up – cosy dining spaces, but more distance from other diners
- A la carte menus only accessed through a QR code
- Take-away and in-room dining service options with safe packaging
In hotel gyms:
- Increased disinfection and cleaning of equipment
- Machines moved to adhere to social distancing
At hotel pools:
- Increased disinfection of sun chairs and tables
- Stringent towel cleaning and handling methods
Rotana continues to closely monitor the Covid-19 pandemic as it evolves, both globally and in each market where it operates and will review or adapt procedures accordingly and in line with advice and guidelines from official authorities.
For more information on the Rotana Safe Space programme, visit rotana.com