Job interviews and the questions that make you stare dumbfounded
The first 50
General questions and your personality
1. .You sent an application, can we go through so you may explain it in detail.
2. Witch schools did you finish?
3. Tell us more.
4. Were you part in any extra circular activities?
5. Where did you finish your internship?
6. Where else did you work and what skills did you acquire?
7. What was the title of your diploma and who was your mentor?
8. What did you learn from your diploma?
9. What are your strengths?
10. What are your weaknesses?
11. Why are you applying for this job?
12. Where do you see your self in 5 to 10 year career wise?
13. What's your dream company?
14. What makes you interested in our company?
15. Why should we employ you?
16. What did you dislike at your previous job?
17. When were you the most satisfied with your work?
18. What can you bring to the company witch other candidates don't?
19. What were the responsibilities that you had in your previous job?
20. Why did you leave your previous job?
21. What knowledge do you have about the field of work we do in this company?
22. What ministry or government body is responsible for our industry? Do you know their web address?
23. Which other organizations are responsible for our industry? Do you know their web address?
24. What is currently the biggest problem in the industry?
25. Which magazines do you know or read that are tied to the work that we do?
26. Which books do you know or read that are tied to the work that we do?
27. Which websites do you know or read that are tied to the work that we do?
28. What do you know about our company?
29. Are you willing to move closer to our company if need be?
30. Are you familiar with our website?
31. Is your philosophy and goals in line with that of the company?
32. What other information about our company did you find?
33. What have you heard about me(employer)?
34. What do you know about the department you would be working in if we hire you?
35. There has to be a line between business and personal life.Where is the line for you? How much are you willing to work at your office and how much at home?
36. Do you have any questions for me?
Questions that touch your demeanor and personal qualities:
37. What was the project you last worked on and what were the results?
38. How would you describe and evaluate the results of your last job?
39. Can you explain the actions , that were the target of criticism from your last employer?
40. Did you work as a team or alone? How did you fit in the team?
41. Were you ever in the situation where you had to pass down bad news? How did you approach it?
42. What was your biggest mistake and what did you learn from it?
43. What irritates you the most in a person and how do you dealt with it?
44. If i was your superior and told you to do something that you personally object to how would you act?
45. What was the hardest moment in your life and how did you overcome it?
46. Give me an example of a mistake you made and how you solved it?
47. Was there ever a conflict in your previous job band how did you overcome it?
48. You are on a business lunch and you ordered a medium baked stake, but you get a heavily baked stake. How do you react?
49. You just found out that the company your working for is doing something illegal (fraud for example). What do you do?
50. Were you ever faced with a task that was to hard for you to handle?
The Second 49
Now it gets difficult!
51. How would you deal with a ethnically difficult problem?
52. Hat was the hardest decision you had to make in the last 2 years and how did you solve it?
53. How would you solve the situation if you were running out of time on a project?
54. How would you react to criticize, describe a situation where that happened.
55. What properties do you criticize on others?
56. Can you take orders from your superior without getting upset or angry?
57. What motivates you the most?
58. What's success to you, what's the benchmark for it?
59. Do you like working with people or do you prefer working alone?
60. Describe a situation where teamwork brings better results then individual work.
61. What was the most reactive thing you did?
62. You do not have the required qualifications for this job, why should we hire you?
63. You are overqualified. Why should we hire you, won't you just search for a better Job band leave?
Questions about payment.
64. What kind of income do you expect?
65. What was your pay in your previous job?
66. Do you know the difference between your paycheck before and after social spending and taxes?
67. What kind of activities are you willing to do for your expected payment?
68. What are your expectations for promotions?
69. What are your expectations on raises in the next 3 years?
Furthering your career
71. What are your plans on improving your career?
72. What are you planing to do in the next 5 years about your personal and career growth?
73. If you are hired what would be your goals?
74. On what areas would you like to learn more?
75. What was your previous position and did you work with others?
76. What do you think are the activities and responsibilities of the person on the Positon you are applying for?
77. What will be the »added value« you bring to the company?
78. What kind of new opportunities will you bring to the company?
79. List 5 of your skills.
Knowing more about your candidate
80. How do you plan on approaching the team and gain their trust?
81. How much time will you need to start working »full throtle«?
82. How do you imagine your first week looking like?
83. If we hire you what will be your plan for the first 90 days?
84. How would you describe your working style?
85. What would be your perfect working environment?
86. Give an example of a suggestion you made in your previous Job band its implementation?
87. What methods do you use to organize your working load and time?
88. Have you made mistakes in your previous line of work.? What mistakes did you make?
89. Describe a problem where you had to use logic to overcome the problem.
90. You wrote in your application that you cope well with stress.. Give us an example where you were stressed, but managed to complete the task.
91. If you had to choose, are you a person that looks at the big picture, or do you see the details?
92. Would you be willing to take a teamwork test?
93. Would you be willing to test your other personality traits?
94. What are you most proud of? Describe that accomplishment?
95. Witch leaders in your previous line of work stayed in your memory and why?
96. What is your opinion on your current leader?
97. What kind of coworkers do you like most?
98. What do you do in your free time?
99. Are you a member of a club or other organization?
The 40 about you
100. What does your membership require of you?
102. What useful things have you learned?
103. What is your dreamjob?
104. What is your purpose in life?
105. List 3 positive things your last leader would say about you.
106. List 3 negative things your last leader would say about you.
107. List 3 things your friends would say about you.
108. Describe your self in 5 words.
109. Who left a lasting impression on you and why?
110. What's your biggest fear?
111. What is your biggest regret in life?
112. What's the most important thing you learned in school?
113. Why did you decide for this specific job?
114. What were your favorite subjects?
115. What will you miss from your previous work?
116. What's your biggest out of work achievement?
117. What are the qualities of a good leader?
118. What are the qualities of a bad leader?
119. How do you feel after you get a negative response to your idea?
120. What does sharing mean to you?
121. How would you evaluate me as an interviewer?
122. What's the difference between good and great?
123. What kind of car do you drive?
124. What book did you read last?
125. What magazine did you read last?
126. What TV show did you watch last?
127. DO you have a magazine subscription?
128. What's the best movie you watched in the last year?
129. What would you do if you won the lottery?
130. Who are your heroes?
131. What do you do in your free time?
132. If i hire you how will you be coming to work?
133. How much time do you need to get from your home to your office?
134. Are you willing to work on weekends?
135. Are you willing to do over hours?
Questions about your common knowledge :
136. How many times do the hands on the clock cross over?
137. What are all the uses for the pencil?
138. Sell me this pencil.
139. 2,9,10,19,22,29,32....What's the next number?
140. Who on this plane or otherworld can say this sentence? You are my son, but i am not your father?
What you can ask to show your interest
Questions you can ask the employer
- What are the jobs and duties of the position i am applying for?
- What responsibilities will i have?
- What skills and knowledge is required for the position?
- What department or person will i be working with/under?
- Is there anyone to whom i have to send reports or information about the progress of my work?
- Will i be working with external partners or customers?
- What are the working conditions and what resources will be at my disposal
- What kind of autonomy will i be allowed at the line of work?
- What do you expect from a employee in the first 3 months?
- What goals will this position help to accomplish?
- What is a typical workweek in your company?
- Is this a new position or an old one i am suppose to fill?
- How many people are in the department?
- If i am hired who will be my superior?
- What are the companies work hours?
- What do you expect of me?
- When may i expect your decision on who you hired?
After the interview you have to analyze your responses and evaluate the interviewer.
Questions to half you evaluate your performance and that of the interviewer or employer?.
- Did i come to the interview on time and adequately prepared?
- Did i dress my self properly?
- Did i feel well or was something bothering me?
- Did i have all the paperwork with me?
- Did i have to wait for the interview?
- Who greeted me?
- How was i greeted
- Did the interviewer/s introduce them self?
- Did we shake hands and great each other properly?
- How did i behave during the interview?
- Was i professional, polite, positive during the interview?
- Did write notes about the person and who he was?
- How was my verbal communication and body language?
- How well did i respond to the interviewers questions?
- Witch question gave me trouble and witch questions made me uncomfortable?
- Witch questions did i want to ask but didn't?
- How well did i present the connection between what i did/am doing and what the interviewer's company/business is doing?
- Witch of my qualities and skills i didn't get o present?
- How well was i motivated for the job?
- Did i have any trouble explaining the entries in my application?
- How did i feel during the interview?
- Did i make a good impression on the interviewer?
- Was the job interview well prepared by the interviewer?
- Did the interviewer take notes during the interview? What did he note?
- What did catch the interviewers attention?
- Did i have enough information about the employer, the company/business, branch of industry?
- Did i evaluate my skills correctly for the job needed, before the interview?
- What would you change in the job interview?
- What can i note from this interview to use/learn for the next one
- On what questions i didn't get a definite answer, didn't get a n answer?
- What impression did the interviewer/s make? Each individual.
- What do i think are the odds of me getting the job?
- What opinion do the employers have on the line of work i would be doing?
- Did i get any tasks to do for the next interview?
- How will i get the information on how will i complete the tasks? Do i need help? Can i ask someone with experience to help me prepare better for the next interview?
- Do i know anyone in the company or field to give me the information?
- Do i want to work in this company and why?
- Will i send a formal thank you letter to the person interviewing me?
- have a short presentation of my self in 30 seconds ( Elevator Pitch)?
It is important that you answer truthfully as this is for your own analysis and you would only be deceiving your self. The intent of each of these questions is to evaluate your efforts and to help you prepare better for future interviews.
Don't forget the job interview is your 20 minutes to shine, where you will have to convince the interviewer that you are the right person for the job. That is why you need to have confidence in your abilities.
Let us finish with the thought: »If you love your work, every workday is a holiday.«
Excellent info, Thanks !
Thank you raj.can anyone please let me know how to achieve financial targets of a hotel as this is one of my question i have to answer in a job assignment.
Financial targets means - revenue management and yield management.
For all managers the most important is to sell as many rooms every day. And the money your guests spend for food. We talk about daily income on one guest.
Thank you very much as this is very help full to me.
Wonderful...good research job..